Here You Can Read Tp-link td-w8980 review. The TP-Link TD-W8980 is a sleek black router made from glossy plastic. This makes it a magnet for fingerprints but as you likely won’t be tinkering with it too often this shouldn’t be too much of a problem. It’s an inconspicuous design, although not as unobtrusive as other rivals due to its three external 5GHz wireless antennas. The router has mounting points on the base so you can mount it out of the way, and the 5GHz antennas are replaceable; inside are two internal antennas for the 2.4GHz band.
The router is able to operate simultaneously on 802.11n 2.4GHz and 5GHz bands, with a theoretical throughput of 300Mbit/s for each. The web interface is well laid out and there’s an easy to follow Quick Setup program if you’re using the ADSL2+ modem for your internet connection. Otherwise, one of the four Gigabit Ethernet connections can double as a WAN port if you want to connect the router to a cable or fibre modem. This is useful if you find yourself switching from ADSL in the future.
Both the 2.4GHz and 5GHz networks have an-easy-to-identify default SSID, and it’s easy to change the settings for each individually. Thankfully, both networks are password-protected out of the box and on the bottom of the router you’ll find the default network password and login for the web interface. We were disappointed to see that there’s no guest network support.
N600 Wireless Dual Band Gigabit ADSL2+ Modem Router TD-W8980
- All-in-One Device: ADSL2+ Modem, NAT Router, 4-Gigabit-Port Switch and Wireless N Access Point
- Simultaneous 2.4GHz 300Mbps and 5GHz 300Mbps connections for 600Mbps of total available bandwidth
- Versatile Connectivity: ADSL or Ethernet WAN for multiple Internet connection types
- 2 USB ports for storage sharing, printer sharing, FTP Server and Media Server
source : Expertreviews
Tp-link td-w8980 review and Specification
- Interface 4 10/100/1000Mbps RJ45 Ports, 1 RJ11 Port, 2 USB 2.0 Ports,
- Button 1 Power On/Off Button, 1 WPS Button, 1 Wi-Fi On/Off Switch, 1 RESET Button
- Antenna Type Three 5GHz 5dBi detachable antennas (RP-SMA), Two 2.4GHz 3.5dBi internal antennas
- IEEE Standards IEEE 802.3, 802.3u
- Wireless IEEE 802.11a, IEEE 802.11b, IEEE 802.11g, IEEE 802.11n
- Frequency 2.4GHz and 5GHz
- Wireless Security Support 64/128 bit WEP, WPA /WPA2, WPA-PSK/WPA2-PSK, Wireless MAC Filtering
- System Requirement Microsoft® Windows® 98SE, NT, 2000, XP, Vista™ or Windows 7, MAC® OS, NetWare®, UNIX® or Linux
- Supported Windows All